|Information on Royal
|The range of wares produced by the Doulton Company since its
inception in 1815 has been vast and varied. In 1882 a factory was
built in Burslem England which continues to produce the famous
figurines, character jugs, and table service today. Doulton and
Co. were incorporated as a limited liability company in 1899. In
1901 the company was allowed to use the word "Royal" on its
trademark by a Royal Charter. The famous "lion on a crown" logo
came into use in 1902. In 2000 the logo was changed to a
stylized lion's head in profile.
Parts of this article were taken from Antique Trader "Antiques and
Collectibles Price Guide 2005" published by KP books.
Please click here to see the Royal Doulton items that we have